HouseConvent for Sale in FranceHome
PRIVATE SALE. An old, large, St. Dominican convent and school located in a small picturesque village in the Auvergne.
The property, comprising over 5000 m2 of land, consists of two main parts:
The Convent: 120 m2 on 4 levels = 480 m2
The School: 168 m2 on 3 levels = 504 m2
Both buildings are structurally sound and partly restored.
- The convent and school buildings adjoin as a L-shape creating an enclosed private courtyard.
- The convent serves as the main residence, whilst the adjoining school is dedicated to business and workshops.
- Adjacent to the courtyard is a large vegetable garden, whilst an enclosed field with fruit trees lies to the sides and back.
- A pretty sunken garden covered with a pergola adjoins the back of the house and leads onto the the meadow.
- The whole property forms a unit and is securely enclosed (Dog & sheep-friendly).
- Whilst a lovely family home, this property holds huge potential for any number of activities. Eg. B&B, artist studios, dance/yoga studios, workshops etc.
- It is very well suited for today's tendency towards multi-generational living, providing plenty of space for privacy.
The property itself is located in a small village in the Haute-Loire department, 25 km from the beautiful town of Le Puy en Velay.
Visit www.ot-lepuyenvelay.fr and wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Puy-en-Velay for more information on the town.
This small, traditional Auvergnate village is situated in a beautifully sheltered location, surrounded by gently rolling, green countryside. Click here to view a plan of the village and property.
The region is ideally suited for nature-lovers, gardeners and those seeking a quieter, calmer pace of life without wanting to be totally cut-off.
PRICE: € 281 000